Our outdoor active clothing buyer, Jess, breaks down the latest in women’s outdoor clothing for summer . Take a look at her favorite pieces of the 2016 season.
We are really excited for the summer. It’s a time for beaches, boats, hikes, campfires, and just time outdoors. And since there are so many cool new things to wear this season, we thought we’d make it easy to find the best of the best by laying out our top 10 picks for women this season.
- The North Face Dyvinity Jacket – The North Face Dyvinity jacket is more than just an on trend coat for chilly nights, this hooded jacket also has a weather resistant softshell body that will keep out wind and water for a warm and dry outdoor experience. The stretch knit sleeve allow for full movement and make this the perfect workout jacket.
- Kavu Catalina Shorts – Who doesn’t love polka dots? Answer: no one. These shorts are adorable, prefect for backyard summer bbqs, and they include 4% spandex for the perfect fit as well.
- Burton Sammy Twist Tank Top – The summer staples for this year are lots and lots of loose fitting comfy tank tops, and Burton has the best. The Sammy twist is aptly names for having a twisted racerback style to it, making it a perfect workout tank, or throw them on over leggings for a day in the sun.
- Prana Mantra Pants – This is comfort at its absolute best. The Prana Mantra pants are a soft hemp blend with stretch making them very versatile, perfect for lounging, yoga, travel, and everything in between. Not to mention they are super lightweight and dry quick, making them the best summer pants around.
- Kavu South Beach Skirt – You know what summer is a time for? Breezy skirts. And the Kavu South Beach skirt is as summery and breezy as it gets. It is lightweight, breathable and still holds a flattering feminine fit, not to mention adorable. Oh, and it has pockets!
- Under Armour Armourvent Trail Pant – The capri leggings are the all in one everything you need workout trainer pant. They are super lightweight and breathable for even the most intense activity, and strategically place stretch panels allow them to move with you. They also repel water and have quick dry tech, making them perfect for hiking and backpacking, as well as your morning yoga routine.
- Patagonia Full Zip Snap-T Jacket – The Patagonia Snap-T Jacket is the funky retro fleece you’ve been looking for since 1995. Chilly spring mongering and cool fall evening stand no chance with this lightweight yet warm fleece zip up. Soft, fuzzy fleece will keep you comfy and cute at your next camp out.
- Smartwool Sweetwater Ranch Shorts – Everyone needs a pair of shorts that are durable enough to hike mountains in and comfy enough to have a Netflix marathon in, and the Smartwool Sweetwater Ranch Shorts fit the bill. A semi form fit makes them mobility and comfy, without being in the wat, and moisture wicking will help you bust through that last peak on hot summer days.
- The North Face MA-X Sports Bra – No matter what your preferred outdoor activity is, a good sports bra is the foundation of your outfit. And the North Face MA-X bra will hold up through the most rigorous of activities. It’s durable, breakable, quick drying, and has mesh vents for breathability. What more could you ask for?
- Columbia Trail Shaker Shirt – The Columbia Trail Shaker Shirt may look like an ordinary everyday cute shirt, but don’t let its classic looks fool you, this shirt is mean for tough wear. The cotton blend of fabric has Colmbia’s Omni-Wick technology to keep you dry and cool for all your outdoor needs.