Our Outdoor Activewear buyer, Jess, breaks down her favorite men’s outdoor clothing coming summer. Get the latest in off season training gear for the 2016 season.
It’s finally time to put away your winter jackets (if you live anywhere near us, that is) and pull out your spring/summer clothes. But, you may notice it’s about time to replace a few things in your outdoor wardrobe this season. So let us help you by listing our top 10 favorite items for this summer.
- Patagonia Go To Shirt – This short sleeve button up incorporates all the fun of drinking beers at a BBQ with the comfort and breathability of your go to lounge around shirt. Perfect for any outdoor activity, the Patagonia Go To Shirt will be your new go to shirt.
- Kavu Klassic Hoodie – There is nothing Klassic about this sweatshirt, other than its comfortable pullover style. The cotton poly blend of fabric makes combines the comfort of cotton with the tech of polyester for the perfect blend. This Kavu Klassic hoodie is your perfect layering piece for chilly nights and bonfires.
- Prana Stretch Zion Shorts – The Prana Stretch Zion Shorts are the shorts every guy swears by. They are one of Prana’s top selling styles, and for good reason, they are by far and away the most comfortable, mobile, and technical shorts you could want for every outdoor activity there is. The abrasion resistance, 4-way stretch, UPF 50+, moisture wicking, and quick drying tech make these a musty have for the summer.
- United By Blue Triangle Peak T-Shirt – Whether your thing is sliding down them in the winter or hiking up them in the summer, mountains are home for many of us. And what better way to show your love of the mountains than the United By Blue Triangle Peak T-Shirt. A relaxed fit and unmatched durability make this a summer must-have.
- Under Armour Sportstyle Tri-Blend Tank Top – That’s right, it’s tank top season. And you know what that means, suns out guns out. What better way to show off your guns than with the Under Armour Sportstyle Tri-Blend Tank Top. The ultra-soft lightweight cotton means total comfort on even the hottest days, and moisture wicking means no more awkward wet spots not matter how funky things get.
- Woolrich Cedar Springs Buffalo Check Shirt – Every guy needs a classic buffalo check long sleeve shirt, and Woolrich only makes the best ones. The Cedar Springs Shirt is the perfect flannel to throw on over a t-shirt for chilly morning or button up at night for cool bonfires.
- Toad & Co 32 Inseam Mission Ridge Pants – A good pair of pants is a staple for any spring/summer season, and Toad & Co makes the best of the best with their Mission Ridge Pants. These durable yet casual pants allow for a full range of movement with a touch of spandex for comfort and fit, so wear them out and about on the street and up to the top of mountains with confidence.
- Smartwool Fish Creek Solid Polo Shirt – Smartwool is known for its technical apparel, and the Fish Creek Polo is no exception. Anti-microbial merino wool makes sure you stay smelling good and keeps this shirt wrinkle free, not to mention the wicking and breathability. Dress it up or dress it down with this comfy and stylish polo any day of the week.
- Burton Dwight Short Sleeve Pocket T-Shirt – Sometimes you need a t-shirt with just a little bit more style and class than your average plain t-shirt. Enter the Burton Dwight Pocket Tee. The Henley look with contrasting sleeves and pockets says “I’m a t-shirt guy, but I know style.” Keep it cool and casual.
- The North Face S/S Solar Plaid Shirt – If you’ve been watching trends, you’ll know that the plaid short sleeve button up is the new summer jam. And the North Face Solar Plaid Shirt is one of our favs for the season. FlashDry tech makes it perfect for hiking, paddle, outdoor fun, and an active fit allows for full mobility with still keep a slimmer look.